Sunday, February 19, 2012

#SampleSchool: Patrice Rushen - Remind Me (1982)


Ok, sources of rap samples have always been of great interest to me, so from time to time I'm gonna throw in some cornerstone sample sources on here to put yall up on OG game.  This genre is so sample based it never stops amazing me, but I love it.  Anyways, this one right here was a staple of mid 90's west coast rap and used in a shit load of songs, my favorite being Mack 10 - Here Comes the G. If you have not heard a song that has used this sample before, I'm not sure you really listen to rap music. Actually you can download a .zip of a bunch of the songs that have sampled this one HERE, I stumbled upon this goldmine by accident actually, but this is great resource in your sample source education.

No comments:

Post a Comment